Charnwood W870 Woodturning Lathe – W870
Charnwood W870 Woodturning Lathe – W870 is a Floorstanding Woodturning Lathe. It is a larger version of the best selling W813 Lathe.
A bigger motor and larger capacities make this an excellent lathe but still also includes some of the unique features of the W813
- 750w (1hp) Quiet Induction Motor
- Round Bar Toolrest Design (Compatible with the Robert Sorby range of tool rests)
- Easy-Operation Camlock Design
- 14″ Diameter Bowl Turning Capacity Over the Bed
- Rotating Headstock allows for 20″ Diameter Bowls
- 10″ Diameter x 43″ Length Spindle Turning Capacity
- Mechanical Variable Speed
- Built in Digital RPM Speed Display
- Hollow Head & Tail Stocks
- Accessories Holder Included
- Sturdy Floorstand with Shelf Included
Cast iron construction, precision machining and great value for money are the key features of this woodturning lathe.
This model also has an upgraded, more powerful, induction motor. It also features a built in digital speed readout to accurately display the rpm speed of the spindle.
Spindles of up to 10″ diameter and 43″ in length can be precisely turned over the bed using the cam-lock sliding tool rest. The sliding tailstock also uses a cam-lock for quick adjustments. The rotating headstock design allows for large diameter bowls of up to 20″, to be turned over the front of the machine. Obtaining the correct speed for cutting is also no problem with the variable speed controller with 10 locator stops. This operates at the turn of a lever. When using the headstock rotated to the front, the extendible tool rest can also be positioned on the left hand side using the extension bed supplied.
A hollow headstock and tailstock suitable for long hole boring. A floorstand, NVR switch and 225mm long toolrest with 25mm shank. It also comes with 4 prong drive centre 2MT, revolving tail centre 2MT, a 150mm diameter faceplate, knock out bar, cable and plug. Runs on standard 13amp supply.