NOVA 1624 II Lathe
Built to a high standard, the NOVA 1624 II lathe a compact lathe but with great capabilities. All the major castings are thick section cast iron, resulting in a lathe with a solid feel and smooth, low vibration running.
The 1,120W (1.5HP) 230V induction motor provides plenty of power for large projects. The pulley system offers an excellent choice of 8 speeds, and belt changing is easy. The low speed (178rpm) gives plenty of scope for the large diameter turnings, while the high speed (3,000rpm) is perfect for pens, lace bobbins or many other small turning projects. This lathe is great for wooden bowls, platters, spindles, small table parts and anything you can turn in the range 400mm (16″) diameter by 610mm (24″) long. The 360° swivelling head means that you can still turn larger bowls comfortably in a reasonably compact space, using the included bowl turning attachment.
The control switch on the headstock has a safety off button and reversing switch, which makes sanding much easier and safer. Cam action levers make adjustments fast and easy; their rubber grips provide good ergonomics.This is a lathe that is well regarded in the USA, now available in the UK, offering a simple, no fuss alternative lathe that you can depend on. Great features as standard leave you satisfied that you have a versatile lathe in your workshop.
The NOVA 1624 II comes with a strong steel stand featuring adjustable levelling feet. It includes a 2MT drive centre, 2MT live centre, 80mm faceplate, 300mm tool rest, fastenings and manual.
Note: the outrigger and extension beds are optional extras.
- Cast iron throughout for rock solid performance
- Heavy duty bearings for smooth running and long life
- Head swivels 360° saving workshop space
- Locks at any position; indexed at 0°, 22°, 45° and 90°
- Reverse switch for sanding and finer finishing
- 24 position spindle index with spindle lock
- Vibration dampening stand with adjustable feet
- Supplied with stand, drive centre, live centre, faceplate and tool rest
Price includes delivery.