Proxxon PD 400 Lathe – 240V – 474027
Proxxon PD 400 Lathe – 240V – 474027. This lathe is the heart of a multifunctional, expandable system, and is unequalled in its class. Made in Austria, this lathe is ideal for straight and cross-cuts, taper turning, internal and external thread cutting and slotting. It is also usable on materials such as steel, non-ferrous metals, aluminium and alloys. Even under heavy loadings, the solid precision of this machine demonstrates negligible tolerances. There is also a wide range of accessories to complement the lathe’s functions. The bed comes already equipped with a milled and tapped base surface for securing the PF 400 Mill/Drill unit. With a comprehensive gearbox, the PD 400 is suitable for cutting threads in 19 steps from 0.2mm to 0.3mm. The belt options are clearly positioned and easy to change. Also included as standard is a 100mm Rohm precision feed chuck, a toolpost and two tool holders with individual stop and height adjustability. It also has a live rotating MK2 centre and tailstock chuck. A cross-braced cast iron bed gives this lathe its stability; its wide legged shape has prism slides for the apron and the tailstock. A two speed auto-feed facility is also included on a protected lead screw with a 12mm x 1.5mm Acme thread.
- Supplied with change gears for thread cutting in 19 steps (0.2 – 3.0mm)
- Main switch with emergency stop function and restart protection
- Quality, precision 3 jaw chuck with 100mm capacity
- Powerful capacitor motor with 550W output
- Quick change tool post with 2 holders (fitted with adjustable height and stop)
- Includes 2MT rotating centre in tailstock
- Easy to use hand wheel of aluminium with adjustable scale of steel. 1 division = 0.05mm
- Fully enclosed leadscrew with Acme thread (12 x 1.5)
- Cross-braced cast iron bed with wide, ground slideways
- Handwheel for quick support change
- Switch for clockwise, off and counter-clockwise rotation
- Selector for auto-feed
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A SPECIAL ORDER MACHINE. WE CAN SUPPLY ALL THE ACCESSORIES REQUIRED. THEY ARE NOT YET LISTED ON THE WEBSITE PLEASE CALL US TO DISCUSS YOUR NEEDS. WE WILL BE ABLE TO DISCOUNT OFFER YOU A DISCOUNT TOO.